Welcome to the news update for gaming venue operators about the implementation of the Victorian Government’s pre-commitment scheme.
These link(s) will launch in a new browser window.
The pre-commitment countdown has begun!
May 2015: A live field trial involving the deployment and testing of the pre-commitment system in four gaming venues was successfully completed in May 2015.
June 2015: The pilot of the pre-commitment system commenced. Pre-commitment was deployed in an additional six gaming venues, raising the total number of venues participating in the pilot to ten. The system will be also be piloted in a further four venues that operate loyalty schemes at a later date. The department would like to thank the venue operators who agreed to participate in the live field trial and the pilot of the pre-commitment system.
July 2015: Rollout of pre-commitment on all gaming machines will occur between July and October 2015. The rollout dates for your venue depend on the dates you agreed with your supplier and service provider.
- The Minister for Consumer Affairs, Gaming & Liquor Regulation, Jane Garrett MP, will be announcing the pre-commitment scheme branding in July 2015.
- The requirements for player cards are being finalised and will be included in regulations. Look out for the Player Cards Fact Sheet that will be available soon.
- Venues will not be required to have player cards printed for pre-commitment until October 2015.
- Posters and other promotional material that will be required to be displayed in your gaming venue will be provided to you in October 2015, in preparation for the state-wide launch of pre-commitment.
- Pre-commitment training will be available as an online package provided by Intralot in September 2015. Please ensure your staff complete the training so they can assist players to register for and use the pre-commitment scheme from 1 December 2015.
- The Venue Conditions consultation process is due to close on 10 July 2015. If you would like to review the draft Venue Conditions please contact the PIP team as soon as possible and we will send you a copy.
Please contact the PIP team at firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries.
|Author:||Department of Justice & Regulation|
|Publisher:||Department of Justice & Regulation|
|Date of Publication:||2015|
|Copyright:||State of Victoria, 2015|
If you would like to receive this publication in a more accessible format, you can request it via our website feedback form.