Measuring family violence in Victoria
This Volume 5 report provides evidence-based trend analysis of statewide, comprehensive, cross sector family violence incidents reported in Victoria from 1999–2010.
The database is the only project of its kind in Australia and a unique source of patterns and trends in family violence reporting in Victoria in the context of family violence initiatives within this period.
Volume 5 contains an additional two years of data (2008-2010). This period saw the commencement of the Family Violence Protection Act 2008, including the introduction of Family Violence Safety Notices, among a number of other significant changes.
The Volume 5 report brings together statistical information and data about family violence incidents reported through:
- Victoria Police family violence risk assessment and management reports (L17 Form)
- Victorian Magistrates’ and Children’s Court finalised intervention order applications
- Victorian Supported Accommodation Assistance Program (SAAP) data
- data from Victorian Public Hospital Emergency Departments
- data from the department's Victims of Crime Helpline and Victims Assistance and Counseling Programs
- Department of Human Services Integrated Reporting and Information System (women and children’s family violence services and men's behaviour change programs).
This volume also contains new data for the first time, from:
- Victoria Legal Aid on family violence-related cases
- Family Violence Court Divisions at the Heidelberg and Ballarat Magistrates’ Courts and Specialist Family Violence Services at Melbourne, Frankston and Sunshine (with a circuit to Werribee) Magistrates’ Courts
- data where tenancy change applications under the Family Violence Protection Act are made through the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT).
These link(s) will launch in a new browser window.
- Victorian Family Violence Database Volume 5: Eleven Year Report - Key Findings (PDF 65KB)
- Victorian Family Violence Database Volume 5: Eleven Year Report (PDF 4.28MB)
- Victorian Family Violence Database Volume 5: Eleven Year Report Appendix - Court Data by LGA (PDF 794KB)
- Victorian Family Violence Database Volume 5: Eleven Year Report Appendix - Victoria Police Data by LGA (PDF 769KB)
- Victorian Family Violence Database Volume 5: Eleven Year Report Appendix - VEMD Data by LGA (PDF 114KB)
|Author:||Department of Justice & Regulation|
|Publisher:||Department of Justice & Regulation|
|Date of Publication:||2012|
|Copyright:||State of Victoria, 2012|
If you would like to receive this publication in a more accessible format, you can request it via our website feedback form.