The Department of Justice and Regulation works closely with Victoria Police, the Transport Accident Commission and VicRoads to improve road safety as part of a long-term strategy to reduce the number of people killed and injured on Victoria’s roads.
Together, these road safety partners implement an integrated, multi-faceted approach to road safety, which combines targeting high-risk behaviour, road-safety law enforcement, education and public awareness initiatives, research and development, and improvements to Victoria's road network.
The Department of Justice and Regulation oversees the road safety camera program, an integral part of the road safety strategy. Speed and red-light cameras improve road safety by reducing speeding and thus lowering the number of crashes and associated road trauma.
Further information on the road safety camera program and enforcement of road safety offences can be found on the department’s Cameras Save Lives website (External link)
- Check road toll statistics (External link)
- Pay a fine (External link)
- Get current travel times and alerts (External link)
- Read Victoria’s Road Safety Strategy and Action Plan (External link)
- Locate a speed camera (External link)
- Check road closures and traffic alerts (External link)
- Get information about demerit points (External link)