The Department of Justice and Regulation tabled its 2014-15 annual report in parliament on 10 November 2015.
This year's highlights include:
- establishing Court Services Victoria on 1 July 2014 as an independent statutory body to provide services and facilities to Victoria's courts, Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal and the Judicial College of Victoria
- creating Emergency Management Victoria, the Inspector General for Emergency Management and the Crime Statistics Agency
- delivering a range of government commitments including tackling family violence and the impact of illicit drugs on the community, working towards the establishment of custody officer roles for police cells, the Human Rights Charter Review, and key emergency management reforms
- implementing significant reforms to the parole system in response to the Callinan review
- preparing 35 Bills that were passed by Parliament, introducing reforms in laws relating to critical community safety issues such as child abuse, sexual offences, asbestos-related diseases, and power of attorney laws
- responding to nearly 25,000 calls to the Victims of Crime Helpline and delivering assistance to 13,500 victims through the Victims Assistance Program
- delivering $5.7 million in Koori community grants to reduce or prevent Koori engagement with the justice system
- making over 7900 consumer affairs assistance visits and inspections to businesses
- preparing for the state-wide roll out of the pre-commitment scheme for all electronic gaming machines.
As part of our commitment to the environment, we are only printing a small number of copies. You can read or download from the links below.
If you require a version of the report in a more accessible format, please e-mail email@example.com
These link(s) will launch in a new browser window.
|Author:||Department of Justice and Regulation|
|Publisher:||Department of Justice and Regulation|
|Date of Publication:||2015|
|Copyright:||State of Victoria, 2015.|
If you would like to receive this publication in a more accessible format, you can request it via our website feedback form.