The report, which was tabled on 19 October 2017, represents a productive year for the department.
- working with Victoria Police on initiatives of the Community Safety Statement 2017
- responding to the needs of victims and witnesses of the Bourke Street tragedy in January 2017 – the Victims of Crime Helpline took 3459 calls for assistance and referred 1253 people to the state-wide Victims Assistance Program following the incident
- taking responsibility for Youth Justice following a machinery of government change
- delivering more than 200 initiatives under the third phase of the Aboriginal Justice Agreement to reduce over-representation of Koories in the criminal justice system
- continuing to implement the recommendations of the Harper Review to strengthen the management of serious offenders and including new conditions for post-sentence supervision orders
- progress on legislative reform in relation to the 64 recommendations from the Royal Commission into Family Violence
- supporting the preparation of the government’s responses to the Access to Justice Review and Review of the Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities Act 2006
- the expansion of Community Correctional Services
- commencing the new Domestic Building Dispute Resolution Victoria in April 2017
- remaining on track to commence operations at our new 1000-bed medium-security prison at Ravenhall by the end of 2017
- ongoing delivery of services to the Victorian community through Consumer Affairs Victoria, Working with Children Check, the Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages and clients visiting justice service centres across the state.
These achievements, and the many other accomplishments throughout the year, have been made possible through the dedicated effort of more than 8500 departmental staff and more than 90,000 volunteers who support our work.
These link(s) will launch in a new browser window.
- Annual Report 2016-17 (PDF, 3.0MB)
- Annual Report 2016-17 Report of Operations (PDF, 1.3MB)
- Annual Report 2016-17 Report of Operations (Word, 1.6MB)
- Annual Report 2106-17 Financial (PDF, 996KB)
- Annual Report 2016-17 Financial (Word, 1.6MB)
- Annual Report 2016-17 Appendices (PDF, 822KB)
- Annual Report 2016-17 Appendices (Word, 935KB)
- Annual Report 2016-17 Additional Information (PDF, 263KB)
- Annual Report 2016-17 Additional Information (Word, 823KB)
|Author:||Department of Justice and Regulation|
|Publisher:||Department of Justice and Regulation|
|Date of Publication:||2017|
|Copyright:||State of Victoria, 2017|
If you would like to receive this publication in a more accessible format, you can request it via our website feedback form.