- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone 03 8684 1766
- Fax 03 8684 1726
121 Exhibition Street
The Koori Justice Unit sits within the department's Service Strategy Reform Branch.
The unit is responsible for coordinating the development and delivery of Victoria’s Koori justice policies and programs across the Victorian Government and justice system, primarily the Victorian Aboriginal Justice Agreement (AJA).
The unit promotes the partnership of the Koori community and government, by facilitating community engagement initiatives to build strong networks and enable wide participation in the delivery of Koori justice-related policies, programs and initiatives.
As part of this responsibility, the unit:
- assists with achieving positive justice outcomes for the Koori community
- builds capacity in the department and the Koori community, to develop and deliver effective and efficient justice services
- provides advice to the Justice executive, ministers and staff across the department on issues impacting on the Victorian Koori community (excluding native title)
- advocates for continual improvement in the delivery of Koori justice initiatives
- maintains a robust evidence base (including statistical databases) detailing Koori contact with the criminal justice system
- provides executive services to Justice ministers and the Justice executive at Aboriginal affairs forums and committees across the Victorian Government, as well as the Commonwealth Government where required
- provides secretariat support and program implementation on behalf of the Aboriginal Justice Forum.