You are here:

Swan Hill Justice Service Centre

  • Phone 03 5001 6333
  • Street address 119 Curlewis Street
    Swan Hill VIC 3585

Services available

  • Birth certificates

    Find out how to apply for a Victorian birth certificate.

    Apply for a birth certificate online
  • Community correctional services

    Offenders in local communities are supported by Community Corrections Officers to ensure they meet the conditions of their court or parole orders, including connecting them with community work options.

  • Consumer help

    Consumers and businesses can get advice from Consumer Affairs about a range of topics, including building and renovating, business licensing and regulation, buying and selling property, product safety, renting, shopping and trading.

  • Death certificates

    A standard death certificate is often required for legal purposes. Find out what you need and how to apply for a Victorian death certificate

  • Family history certificates

    Purchase an uncertified image for family history research or historical certificate for official purposes.

    Search your family history
  • Find a Justice of the Peace

    The Honorary Justice Office (HJO) is responsible for appointing and managing honorary justice volunteers, a collective group consisting of Justices of the Peace (JPs), and bail justices. Justice Service Centres do not have a Justice of the Peace on staff.

    Find a Justice of the Peace
  • Koori birth certificates

    Registering your or your child's birth creates an official identity that can help you or your child now and into the future.

  • Marriage certificates

    Find out how to apply for a standard Victorian marriage certificate.

    Apply online for a standard marriage certificate
  • Regional and local Aboriginal Justice committees

    The unit promotes the partnership of the Koori community and government, by facilitating community engagement initiatives to build strong networks and enable wide participation in the delivery of Koori justice-related policies, programs and initiatives.

  • Relationship certificates

    Under the Relationships Act 2008, Victorians can register their same-sex or heterosexual domestic relationship, or a caring relationship. Find out how to register your relationship.

  • Resolving disputes

    People can settle their differences informally, fairly and for free through the Dispute Settlement Centre of Victoria, providing a less costly and faster option than going to court.

  • Sorting out fines and warrants

    If you have outstanding fines, Sheriff's Officers can provide information on warrants and payments options, including payment plans and community work.

    Pay a fine now
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander flags

The department acknowledges Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as the Traditional Custodians of the land and acknowledges and pays respect to their Elders, past and present.