The Office of Liquor, Gaming and Racing provides strategic policy advice and support to the Minister for Gaming and Liquor Regulation, the Minister for Racing and the department's Secretary on:
- the development and implementation of liquor, gambling and racing legislation and regulation
- current and emerging liquor, gambling and racing issues
- the management of selected racing industry initiatives
- racing related licensing and appeal matters
- leadership and support for gambling research initiatives.
Associated statutory bodies
The office provides policy advice to these associated statutory bodies:
- Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation
- Victorian Responsible Gambling Foundation
- Harness Racing Victoria
- Greyhound Racing Victoria.
The office has an operational relationship to these associated bodies:
- Racing Victoria Limited
- Racing Analytical Services Limited
- The Office of the Racing Integrity Commissioner.
The office provides administrative support to the Responsible Gambling Ministerial Advisory Council, the Liquor Control Advisory Council and the Live Music Roundtable.