The department publishes information and data to:
- promote openness, accountability and transparency
- stimulate innovation, research and commercial activity.
We publish our spreadsheets in a machine-readable format to make it easier for the community. You can search all our datasets on the Victorian Government Data Directory website to search for a particular dataset released by our department. You can also submit a new dataset suggestion
The following data is available on this website:
- People management data
- Environment data
- Statutory compliance data
- Victorian wholesale liquor sales data
- Freedom of information request received from 1994-2014 including freedom of information requests received, highlighting personal and non-personal requests
- Regional Racing Infrastructure Fund Projects: Details of projects approved by the Minister for Racing from 2008 to when the program closed in 2012
- Victorian Racing Industry Fund - Raceday Attraction Program Projects: Details of projects approved by the Minister for Racing
- Victorian Racing Industry Fund - Racing Infrastructure Projects: Details of projects approved by the Minister for Racing.
Finding a research paper
Refer to publications to search for a particular research paper on our website.
Human research ethics
Any research or evaluation conducted by or for the department or its statutory agencies, or done under its auspice, must satisfy ethical standards as provided by the National Statement on Ethical Conduct in Human Research developed jointly by the National Health and Medical Research Council, Australian Research Council and Australian Vice-Chancellors’ Committee.
An application to the Justice Human Research Ethics Committee (JHREC) for ethics approval must be made for all research or evaluation, if it involves more than a low level risk, as defined by the National Statement.
Find out how to make a JHREC application.