Help for suppliers
For assistance with the portal please:
Supplier Portal - Terms and Conditions ('Terms')
The Department of Justice and Community Safety (the department) and Court Services Victoria have provided you with the opportunity to access the Supplier Portal enabling you to update your company details including banking information, view purchase orders view and enter invoices.
In these Terms:
- ‘Supplier Portal’ or ‘Portal’ means the on-line portal operated by the department and hosted by a third party for supplier access to view payables, transactions and supplier record details for your organisation
- the ‘department’ refers collectively to the Department of Justice and Community Safety (ABN 32790228959) and Courts Services Victoria (ABN 63392984660)
- ‘Supplier Record’ means the details that we hold about your organisation including name, address, ABN, banking information, contacts and contact details
- ‘you’ means you, your company, your employer, related bodies corporate of your employer, any and all persons who access the Supplier Portal for or on behalf of you or your employer (including officers, employees, agents and contractors).
1. Terms on which you may use this Portal
2.2. By using the Portal, you are consenting to the department processing any personal data that you provide to the department or that the department collects from you as a result of your use of the Portal.
2.3. The information that you give the department may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number and financial information. This will only be used for the purposes of setting up a Supplier account to enable the department to raise Purchase Orders and for making payments to you.
2.4. The department will not use this data for any other purposes [nor shall it disclose it to any third party].
2.5. For a period of time, the department will retain some of the personal details that you have entered onto the Portal to enable access to your details in the event of any subsequent query or for its audit purposes.
4. About the department
4.1. The department provides this Portal to you. The department leads the delivery of justice and regulation services in Victoria. It has extensive service delivery responsibilities, which range from managing the state’s prison system to providing consumer protection and enforcing court warrants.
4.2. You can contact us by:
5. Restrictions on your use of the Portal
5.1. You may only use the portal for the purpose of [supplying your name/company name, address and bank details and not for any other purpose]. In any event, you may only use the Portal for lawful purposes and in compliance with all applicable laws.
5.5. You must contact the department immediately if you believe your information has been compromised in any way, whether by someone in your organisation or external to your organisation.
5.6. You agree not to introduce any viruses or Trojans or similar bugs into the Portal.
6. Passwords and security requirements
6.1. If you register to use the Portal you must provide accurate and complete registration information and keep that information up to date at all times. If your address or bank details change then you must update these details on the Portal or inform us immediately. You are responsible for ensuring the information on the Portal is correct, accurate and up to date and not the department.
6.2. You will need a username and password in order to access the Portal which we will supply to you upon registration. The username and password are personal to you. It is your responsibility to keep this information secure, secret and confidential and not to disclose it to any other person. If the registered person leaves your organisation then you must inform us immediately.
6.3. Please note that the department would not call you to request that you provide your username or password to the department over the phone. If the department wishes to contact you, then it would ask you to call the department and ask for the department representative who contacted you.
7. Access to the Portal
7.1. We do not guarantee that access to the Portal and your availability to view your details or change them will always be available or uninterrupted. Your right to access the Portal may be withdrawn at any time for any reason if the department in its sole discretion sees fit to do so.
7.2. We reserve the right to change the Portal, including without limitation by adding or removing content or functionality, at any time.
7.3. We make no warranties, representations, undertakings or guarantees that the Portal or any content on it will be free from errors or omissions.
7.4. The department has made every effort to ensure that the Portal is secure but makes no warranties, representations, undertakings or guarantees that the Portal is secure or free from bugs or viruses.
7.5. System errors should be notified by you to the department immediately. The department must be contacted by you using the contact details set out in clause 4.2. For the avoidance of doubt, the department will not be responsible for user errors.
8. The department’s liability to you
8.1. The department and the secretary, its directors, officers, employees, agents and contractors will not be liable to you or any other party, in connection with your use of the Portal, for:
- 8.1.1. any events beyond our contract, including, but not limited to, acts of God, failure of power or communication equipment, changes in laws or regulations or strikes
- 8.1.2. any direct, special or indirect damages or loss, (including without limitation, loss of profits, loss of revenue, business interruption, loss of information, or any economic loss), even if the department has been advised of the possibility of such damages or such damages could reasonably have been foreseen by the department
- 8.1.3. fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
9. Freedom of Information
9.1.The department is defined as a government entity which is subject to the Freedom of Information Act 1982, and as such may be required to release information relating to suppliers and you agree to the release of such information and shall assist the department if required, in respect of any such requests for information.
10. Applicable law