The Office of Adoption Services Victoria at 570 Bourke St Melbourne is closed until further notice.
Our Case Managers are still available to assist via email.
For enquiries about:
- adoption records, please email AdoptionRecords@justice.vic.gov.au
- adopting a child, please email AdoptionsVic@justice.vic.gov.au
For all other enquires, please email details to firstname.lastname@example.org and your email will be forwarded to the relevant team for action.
A grandparent, brother, sister, uncle or aunt can apply for information that identifies the adopted person if Adoption Information Services is satisfied that circumstances exist which make it desirable and it meets consent requirements.
If the adopted person is over 18 years, their agreement in writing is required, or evidence that they are deceased.
If the adopted person is under 18 years, consent requirements are:
- consideration of the wishes of child or evidence of death
- agreement in writing or evidence of death for adoptive mother
- agreement in writing or evidence of death for adoptive father.
Other than providing non-identifying information to a grandparent, brother, sister, uncle or aunt, adoption information can only be provided by the County Court.
If you are not a relative, you cannot apply directly to the adoption agency but through the County Court.
Contact Adoption Services