What colour will the external fence be?
- The perimeter fencing to the facility will be painted in a dark muted colour to ensure it blends in with the vegetation and natural environment.
- The colour of the fencing will adhere to the Council requirements to reduce any visual impacts.
- The Community Advisory Group are also being consulted on the colour of the fence.
Will there be vegetation and trees planted to reduce the visual impact of the precinct?
- Landscaping and vegetation around the facility will reduce the visual impact of the precinct.
- Vegetation planted will be a mixture of semi mature plants and small trees located on Racecourse Road (along the side of the precinct) and Baldry Street (along the back of the precinct).
- The trees will provide a screen from the facility to reduce any visual impacts. The perimeter fencing to the facility will also be painted in a dark muted colour to ensure it blends in with the vegetation and natural environment, adhering to local Council requirements.
Will the community have the opportunity to change the name of the centre?
- The Department of Justice and Community Safety has become aware that some community members in Malmsbury would like to change the name of the Malmsbury Youth Justice Precinct.
- A Community Advisory Group (CAG) was established in July 2018 and the name of the facility has been an agenda item.
- It was agreed that members would continue to seek feedback from the community and it would be discussed at the CAG if there is interest in a name change.
- If after further community consultation, the CAG determines a name change is wanted by the majority of residents, the group will come up with alternative names.
- Those suggestions will go to the relevant Minister for consideration.
- If any community members would like to submit feedback directly to the department they can email email@example.com
Community Advisory Group (CAG) minutes
Where can I access a copy?
Minutes of all meetings are made available on the department's website