If you have a concern about a process or probity matter relating to a procurement or grant activity carried out by the department, this information describes the process to reach a resolution.

The department has a policy in place to handle complaints from suppliers and grant applicants. This policy is owned by the department’s Office of the Chief Procurement Officer (OCPO). 

The OCPO is governed by the normal rules, regulations and complaints procedures that apply to all government bodies. Please contact the OCPO via email (External link) if you would like a copy of the Procurement and grants complaints handling policy to be sent to you.

How do I raise a concern?

If you would like to express a concern about a process or probity matter, it is better to raise it first with the departmental team or staff you are dealing with. Most issues are the result of misunderstanding or process error and can be rectified quickly and easily.

What if my concern is not resolved?

If the issue persists, you may want to make a formal complaint by completing the procurement or grant complaint form (External link) and provide details of the basis for your complaint. 

A member of the department’s OCPO will oversee your complaint investigation.

  1. You will receive an acknowledgement of your complaint in writing within three working days. 
  2. If further information is required to address your concern, you will be given a minimum of 10 working days to provide the required documentation, unless the matter is urgent.
  3. As soon as all the information is collected, the department will aim to reach a resolution within 20 business days of receiving your last correspondence.
  4. You will be advised of the resolution and any follow on actions in writing.

Independent internal investigation

If you are dissatisfied with the proposed resolution, you can request an internal independent investigation of your complaint. The OCPO will lead the investigation of your complaint.

The process for the independent internal review is similar to the complaint process described above, except that a senior member of the department (for example, a probity practitioner or the Chief Procurement Officer), who was not involved in your procurement or grant activity, will lead the investigation.

External investigation

If you disagree with the outcome of the independent internal investigation, your options include: