Emergency accommodation is available for people in Victoria who need support to quarantine or self-isolate safely.
Emergency accommodation is a last resort. It is preferable that people who need help to quarantine or self-isolate be supported to stay at home, so they can keep accessing their regular health and wellbeing services while isolating safely in familiar surroundings.
Emergency accommodation is available for people who:
- have been diagnosed with coronavirus (COVID-19) or are a close contact of a person with coronavirus (COVID-19), and
- cannot quarantine or self-isolate at home because they use shared facilities or may have safety, wellbeing or other health issues.
Referrals to the emergency accommodation program are normally made by the Case Contact and Outbreak Management (Public Health) Team at the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS). Referrals from other departments, agencies, police and self-referrals are also accepted.
To make a referral:
Do one of the following:
- complete an online referral form
- call the Integrated Intake Assessment and Triage Service (IIATS) on 1800 365 100
- email IIATS@justice.vic.gov.au
To notify IIATS of positive cases
Use this notification form if you need to notify IIATS of coronavirus (COVID-19) positive or close contact cases in government-funded and high-risk settings.