The Register of Land Use Activity Agreements is an online tool to assist activity proponents to understand and meet their Land Use Activity Agreement (LUAA) obligations under the Traditional Owner Settlement Act 2010.
The LUAA Register provides the following information:
- a description of the land to which the agreement applies
- maps of the agreement area
- the date and a copy of the initial registration of the agreement
- the date and a copy of any variations to the agreement.
Please make sure that you are using the most updated version of the LUAA.
If you have any questions, please consult the user guidelines, which answer commonly asked questions about the LUAA Register. These guidelines can be accessed via this website.There is also general information about the operation of the Land Use Activity Regime.
If you require assistance, please contact the Registrar of the Register of Land Use Activity Agreements, which is a position held by the Director of the Native Title Unit in the Department of Justice and Community Safety. The Registrar can help you to understand the basic contents of the LUAA and, if required, refer your enquiry to other government departments or agencies. The Registrar cannot give legal advice about rights and obligations arising under the LUAA.
Certified copies and requests for further information
If you wish to obtain a certified copy of the LUAA for use in court or tribunal proceedings or require further information about land boundaries, please download and fill in the relevant forms and post, fax or email them to the registrar. Please read the instructions on each form and only use as instructed.
Contact details for the registrar
Registrar, Register of Land Use Activity Agreements
Level 24, 121 Exhibition Street
MELBOURNE VIC 3000
Tel: 03 8684 7523
Current Land Use Activity Agreements
The Register of Land Use Activity Agreements comprises the following agreements that commenced on the dates given:
- Land Use Activity Agreement – Dja Dja Wurrung – 25 October 2013
- Land Use Activity Agreement - Taungurung - 11 August 2020
For further information
- Register of Land Use Activity Agreements – guidelines
- LUAA Register – Form A (request for a certified document) and Form B (request for further information on the agreement area)
- Land Use Activity Regime policy and regulations
- Information about the Traditional Owner Settlement Act and the Land Use Activity Regime