Where appropriate, you can request access to your personal or health information, without having to make a formal request under the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (External link) (FOI Act).

In some situations, such access outside the FOI Act will not be appropriate, and you will have to make a formal freedom of information request (External link) (e.g. if a third party’s privacy is involved).

You can access information held about you:

  • by directly contacting the area of the department that has the information or 
  • under the FOI Act, where necessary.