The department is one of several government bodies responsible for regulation in Victoria. Licences, certificates and registers managed by this department are on this website.

You can find out where to:

  • apply for different licences or certificates
  • question a licensing decision
  • complain about a breach of licence conditions.

For other licences, certificates or registers, you may need to contact:

  • your local council
  • another Victorian government department
  • a federal government department.

You can search a complete list of licensing agencies at all local, state and federal levels at the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (External link) 

Within this section



Non-business licences, certificates and registers, including birth certificates and Working with Children Checks