The department's main switchboard can transfer your call to a specific business unit or area:
Tel: 03 8684 0000
Tel: 1300 365 111 (for regional callers)
Use the National Relay Service
The National Relay Service is available as a phone solution for people who are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment. It's available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week Australia-wide. All calls are confidential.
- TTY users phone 133 677 , then ask for 1300 365 111.
- Speak and Listen users phone 1300 555 727 , then ask for 1300 365 111.
- For SMS relay, use 0423 677 767
- For Internet Relay calls, visit the Make an Internet Relay call page and use this number: 1300 365 111.
- For Captioned Relay calls, visit the Make a captioned relay call page and use this number: 1300 365 111.
Department of Justice and Community Safety
GPO Box 4356
Melbourne VIC 3001
Contact by email
To make contact via email, please find the relevant business area or agency below
For media enquiries and media releases, call 1300 481 978 .
For various career opportunities with the department, please see our Careers page
To ensure timely processing, suppliers are required to prepare and submit invoices following our requirements for invoicing the department
Justice service locations
There are many ways in which Justice service centres and regional offices across Victoria can help you. The centres are one-stop shops for the local delivery of a range of services.